Akaka Falls State Park closed amid search for missing person
Akaka Falls State Park was closed Saturday while police and rescue personnel searched for a 53-year-old man last seen at the park on Friday.
Jeffrey Reyes is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighing 135 pounds, with a medium build and short brown hair, according to the Hawaii County Police Department. He was last seen at the park around 8:45 a.m.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts should call the department’s nonemergency line at 935-3311.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Stephens Media LLC or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Stephens Media LLC is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.