Mauna Kea Access Road reopens
The Mauna Kea Access Road reopened Saturday morning.
The Mauna Kea Weather Center said the road would remain closed until further notice late Friday because of damage the roadway sustained during Tropical Storm Iselle on Thursday and Friday. The road was reopened, however, at 9:02 a.m. Saturday.
The center advises, as always, that only 4-wheel drive vehicles go beyond the Visitor Information Station, which is located around 9,200 feet in elevation.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Stephens Media LLC or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Stephens Media LLC is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.