Monday, Dec. 05, 2022 |
Share this story
A 12- by 20-foot shack-type structure with a tarp roof on uncleared land in Keaau burned in a fire early Sunday morning.
On arrival to the scene around 4 a.m., Hawaii Fire Department personnel found a single story small sized, unpermitted shack-type residential structure with contents fully involved in a fire.
The fire was contained to the already involved structure on the 11-0000 block on Ohelo Street and surrounding brush and extinguished by 5 a.m.
No one was injured in the blaze and the occupant denied any need for Red Cross services. HELCO was not advised as no power lines went to the structure but police assisted on the scene.
The lone occupant said she accidentally knocked over a lit candle.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *