• “Coffee with a Cop” 7-9 a.m. at the Kona Commons McDonalds.
• Free Tuesday night movies at Privateer’s Cove, 75-170 Hualalai Road, Kailua-Kona. Classic pre-1970s movie at 6 p.m.; late-night movie at 8 p.m.
• Kona Civil Air Patrol squadron meetings, 6-8:30 p.m. at Keahole Kona Airport. Info: m.johnsonCAP@gmail.com.
• Kona Men’s Group, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at 75-148 Hualalai Road, Kailua-Kona. Free group supports and challenges men in improving themselves, relationships, and careers. Info: email@example.com, (843) 224-9493.
• Dance for PD, 10 a.m. at Kona Dance and Performing Arts. Donation-based. Dance class for people with Parkinson’s. Info: www.konadanceandperforming arts.org, 657-4473.
• Tech Tuesdays, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Kealakekua Public Library. Free one-on-one help session for basic tech questions, first-come, first-served; bring your device(s) with you. Info: 323-7585.
• Jewelry class: Holiday party earrings, 4-5 p.m. at the Kealakekua Public Library. A one-hour jewelry class teaches you to create beautiful holiday earrings to wear to your favorite party. Suitable for teens and adults; RSVP online at www.librarieshawaii.org. All materials are provided. Info: 323-7585.
• The South Kohala Traffic Safety Committee will hold their monthly meeting from 4-5 p.m. at the Thelma Parker Memorial Library Conference Room.
• Kailua-Kona Seniors meeting, 10 a.m. at Hale Halawai. Annual Christmas Luncheon (members only). Installation of officers for 2020. Info: Jean, 329-1951.
• Blues, Brews &BBQ, 6 p.m. at Ola Brew. Join Ronnie V. and the Family Band for a free session of blues. Info: www.olabrewco.com.
• “The Grinch” movie matinee, 2-4 p.m. at the Kealakekua Public Library. Free, with free popcorn. Info: 323-7585.
• The Trilites performance, 5:30-6:30 p.m. at the Kealakekua Public Library. Free music of substance that is both heartfelt and uplifting. Info: 323-7585.
• Kona brain injury support group meeting, 6-8 p.m. at Hawaiian Rehab Services. Guest speaker is Chantal Mitsumura, DoTerra wellness advocate talking on essential oils. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org, 896-2962.
• Free veterans coffee, 9-11 a.m. at Privateer’s Cove, 75-170 Hualalai Road, Kailua-Kona. Info: email@example.com, 557-5833.
• Kiwanis Club of Kailua-Kona meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Salvation Army Kona Community Center, 75-223 Kalani St., Kailua-Kona, 329-7878. All visiting Kiwanis and prospective members are invited to attend. Guest speaker is Honorable District Judge Margaret Masunaga. Potluck dinner afterward; confirm your reservation at KailuaKona4Kiwanis@gmail.com.
• Daifukuji Zen Temple offers “A Zen Evening” with Roshi Joshin Althouse at 6 p.m. Meditation and talk on Zen and Mindfulness. Roshi Althouse is a co-founder of the Zen Life &Meditation Center in Illinois. 79-7241 Mamalahoa Highway, (808) 322-3524. www.daifukuji.org.
• Bread baking at the Portuguese stone oven, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Kona Historical Society. Info: konahistorical.org, 323-3222.
• Free Thursday night movies at Privateer’s Cove, 75-170 Hualalai Road, Kailua-Kona. Family movie at 6 p.m.; cult classic at 9 p.m.
• Children’s puppet show, 3:30-4:30 at the Kealakekua Public Library. Free fun and interactive puppet show to welcome the holiday season. Info: 323-7585.
• Hawaii Homeownership Center first time homebuyer assistance review, 6-7 p.m. at the West Hawaii Civic Center Liquor Conference Room. Free workshop on various down payment assistance and loan programs available to first-time homebuyers and turning your dream of homeownership into a reality. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.hihomeownership.org/orientations.html, (877) 5723-9503.
• Kona Parkinson’s Support Group, 1-3 p.m. at West Hawaii Community Health Center, conference room A. Info: Tom St John, (925) 785-6093, email@example.com.
• West Hawaii County Band free Friday concert, 6:30 p.m. at Hale Halawai, featuring “Sleigh Ride,” “White Christmas” “Mele Kalikimaka” and more. Info: http://www.westhawaiiband.com
* DEC. 14
• Mauna Kea Quilters monthly meeting, 9:30 a.m. to noon in the meeting room of the Thelma Parker Memorial Library in Waimea. Business meeting, show and tell, and sharing of new ideas and techniques. Info: Becky Parkinson, 937-2159.
• Teshima’s Winter Crafts Fair, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Teshima’s restaurant. Handmade crafts/gifts from local vendors, musical entertainment and games, and more. Interested vendors or those wanting more information can see a Teshima’s cashier for details.
• Board game night with HawaiiCon, 5-10 p.m. at Privateer’s Cove, 75-170 Hualalai Road, Kailua-Kona.
* DEC. 15
• Chamber Orchestra of Kona holiday concert, 4:30 p.m. at Privateers Cove at the Hualalai Center. Featuring holiday favorites like “Sleigh Ride,” “Silent Night,” “Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24” and more. Tickets $10, students under 18 admitted free. Info/tickets: www.chamberorchestraofkona.com/concerts.html, 494-8784.
* DEC. 16
• Final installment of “talk story” sessions on the Life of Kamehameha the Great, with local storyteller and historian Boyd Bond, 6:30-7:30 p.m. at the North Kohala Public Library. He will discuss Holding the Kingdom. Suitable for ages 18 and older.
• Chamber Orchestra of Kona holiday concert, 6:30 p.m. at Privateers Cove at the Hualalai Center. Featuring holiday favorites like “Sleigh Ride,” “Silent Night,” “Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24” and more. Tickets $10, students under 18 admitted free. Info/tickets: www.chamberorchestraofkona.com/concerts.html, 494-8784.
• Kona Community Hospital Auxiliary monthly board meeting, 12:30 p.m. in Conference Room 2. All members and any person interested in becoming a volunteer are invited to attend. Info: KCHAuxiliary@hotmail.com or www.KCHAuxiliary.org.
* DEC. 18
• Kailua Kona Seniors attend the free movie, 10 a.m. at the Civic Center, featuring “Miracle on 34th Street,” original 1947 version. Info: Kelly, 327-3565.
* DEC. 20
• Kailua Kona Seniors bowling day, 9 a.m. at KBXtreme Bowling Alley. Info: Joan, 329-1951.
* DEC. 22
• Serenity Sunday program, 9-10:30 a.m. at Daifukuji Zen Buddhist Temple in Honalo, featuring meditation, Qi Gong, and a talk on yoga by Liz Aschenbrenner. Info: 322-3524, www.daifukuji.org.
* DEC. 25
• No meeting of the Kailua-Kona Seniors. Next meeting Jan. 8. Info: Joan, 329-1951.
* JAN. 4
• Blue Zones Project Celebration, 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Waimea Center center court area. Celebrate the Health &Wellness Movement in North Hawaii and kick off the new year with live entertainment, bicycle smoothies, food samples from local restaurants, plant giveaways, keiki ativities and more.