Hookena home total loss due to candle fire

A Hookena home was a total loss as the result of a fire on Sunday.

Upon arrival around 8 a.m., Hawaii Fire Department firefighters found a single-family dwelling fully involved in flames. The house was located a significant distance down a narrow unpaved driveway and all occupants were outside of the house by the time responders arrived.

Residents said the fire was started by a candle in the window that lit the screen and spread to the window trim. The home was a total loss due to its proximity to the nearest fire station, the department said.

The fire was out by 9:42 a.m.

ADVERTISING


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the Star-Advertiser's TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email hawaiiwarriorworld@staradvertiser.com.