The Hawaii County Elections Division announced Thursday that it will begin mailing ballots for the Nov. 3 general election on Oct. 7.
Voters should receive their ballots within three days of the mailing date. Any registered voter who does not receive a ballot within five days of the mailing date should contact the Elections Division at 961-8277.
Places to drop ballots will be available to all voters beginning Oct. 14 until 7 p.m. on Nov. 3, which is Election Day.
The locations are:
• Hawaii County Building, 25 Aupuni St., Hilo
• Laupahoehoe Police Station, 36-2285 Old Mamalahoa Highway, Laupahoehoe
• Waimea Police Station, 67-5185 Kamamalu St., Waimea
• North Kohala Police Station, 54-3900 Akoni Pule Highway, Kapaau
• West Hawaii Civic Center, 74-5044 Ane Keohokalole Highway, Kailua-Kona
• Rodney Yano Hall, 82-6156 Mamalahoa Highway, Captain Cook
• Naalehu Police Station, 95-5355 Mamalahoa Highway, Naalehu
• Pahoa Police Station, 15-2615 Keaau-Pahoa Road, Pahoa
Also Thursday, the county announced that it will hold drive-through voter registration from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Oct. 2 and 5 at the Hawaii County Building parking lot in Hilo; Pahoa Malama Market in Pahoa and the Kona Safeway parking lot in Kailua-Kona. Those seeking to register must provide a form of identification.
For additional information, contact the Elections Division at 961-8277.