The county is hosting multiple community meetings over the next month on the possible half cent general excise tax increase the Hawaii County Council is considering.
The meetings begin Monday in Captain Cook.
The hike, if implemented, could raise around $25 million to $40 million for the county.
• Monday, 6:30 p.m. at Yano Hall, 82-6156 Mamalahoa Hwy, Captain Cook with Maile David
• Tuesday, 6 p.m. at WHCC – Building A – Council Chambers, 74-5044 Ane Keohokalole Highway in Kailua-Kona with Karen Eoff, Dru Kanuha
• Tuesday, 6 p.m., Aupuni Center Conference Room, 101 Pauahi St., Hilo with Sue LeeLoy, Aaron Chung
• Thursday. 6 p.m. at Naalehu Community Center, 95-5635 Mamalahoa Highway in Naalehu with Maile David
• Friday, 6 p.m. Volcano Cooper Center, 19-4030 Wright Road, Volcano with Maile David
• Saturday, 11 a.m. Kohala Intergenerational Center (behind Hisaoka Gym), 54-3853 Akoni Pule Highway, Kapaau with Tim Richards
• Feb. 18, 2 p.m. Kulaimano Community Center, 28-2892 Alia Street, Pepeekeo with Val Poindexter
• Feb. 19, 11 a.m. Waikoloa Middle School Cafeteria, 68-1730 Hooko Street, Waikoloa with Tim Richards
• Feb. 19, 6 p.m. Pahoa Community Center (Puna), 15-3022 Kauhale Street, Pahoa with Eileen O’Hara, Jen Ruggles
• March 4, 2 p.m., NHERC North Hawaii Education and Research Center, 45-539 Plumeria Street, Honokaa with Val Poindexter
• March 12, 6 p.m., Waimea Elementary School Cafeteria, 67-1225 Hawaii Belt Road, Kamuela with Tim Richards