Monday | November 30, 2015
About Us | Contact | Subscribe

Firefighters quickly douse Hilo kitchen fire

March 29, 2014 - 6:06pm

Firefighters quickly doused a small fire apparently sparked by a pin hole-sized hole in a line from a propane tank to a stove Saturday afternoon in Hilo.

Responding to the 2:49 p.m. report, firefighters found flames coming from behind a stove at a home on Kilauea Avenue, according to the department. The flames were extinguished within two minutes after the gas line was shut off.

Fire officials determined the cause of the fire to be a pin hole-sized leak in a line from the propane tank to the stove.

The department estimated damage to the 1,052-square-foot single-story structure at $500.