KAILUA-KONA — A 2-year-old girl is in stable condition after being pulled unresponsive from a hotel pool on Monday afternoon.
Police responded at 12:30 p.m. to a reported drowning at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites on Sarona Road in Kailua Village.
According to Alan Richmond, media and public relations liaison with the Hawaii Police Department, officers arrived to find medics treating a 2-year-old child who had ingested a large amount of pool water.
“Investigation revealed that the parents of the 2-year-old were gathering all their children out of the pool; however a miscommunication occurred and the 2-year-old was left unattended for a short period,” Richmond said.
The parents retrieved their daughter from the pool and contacted paramedics. She was later transported to the Kona Community Hospital by ambulance for observation.