Hilo house fire quickly contained

Fire Department personnel responded Monday to a 7:42 a.m. structure fire in Hilo.

HFD observed heavy smoke as they arrived at the two story home on Amauulu Road.

The fire was contained to the kitchen area of the home and the occupant was able to escape after being alerted by a smoke detector. A pet dog was rescued from inside the house by HFD.

The fire was extinguished in 10 minutes.

The home sustained $20,000 in damage and the cause of the fire was the stove.

ADVERTISING


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the Star-Advertiser's TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email hawaiiwarriorworld@staradvertiser.com.